傅董事長, 黃校長, 黃會長, 各位家長, 各位主任和老師:
Good morning! 下面容許我郭志超先用英文講幾句話。
Have you been thinking: “What would the world be like in 20 to 30 years? What skills would your child need to excel in that future world?”
“How will Yu-Tsai prepare your child to build these skills?”
First, the world will be more globalized than ever, but more globalization may lead to clashing ideologies, nationalism, and protectionism. At any rate, good or bad, we would need more global experts, negotiators and mediators.
Secondly, there will be huge economic changes. In the future, more and more jobs will be replaced by robots. International trade will continue to grow. We will need more savvy international business and technology leaders.
Thirdly, the 7.3 billion world population today is projected to increase to 8.5 billion by 2030, and 9.5 billion by 2050. How we can feed everyone and mitigate hunger will be the biggest challenge for the world. All nations will need more scientists and international development experts to help alleviate these problems.
Therefore, people from different countries must interact more to solve problems. We’ll need science and technology to increase production and service quality, fight diseases, and enhance quality of lives. Thus, language skills, and especially English will be crucial. Innovative and problem-solving and analytical skills and knowledge of global issues and cultures are also desirable.
That’s why at Yu-Tsai we will continue with strong bi-lingual and multicultural education:
● We stress learning rather than teaching.
● We’ll design practical, interactive and integrated learning curricula.
● We’ll stress critical thinking, problem-solving and analytical abilities and team-based and project based learning.
● I would like all Yu-Tsai students to have leadership, independent thinking, and strong interpersonal and communication skills.
● Our students in both Bi-lingual and Yu-Tsai Classes, will be taught by foreign and or Chinese English specialists.
● They will embrace the wisdom of east and west and become future global leaders with integrity and good communication skills.
我代表育才歡迎各位爸爸、媽媽和爺爺、奶奶、阿公阿嬤加入育才大家庭! 感謝黃校長和各位主任與老師，這陣子招生辛苦了。感謝黃會長領導家長會對學校一向的支持。 謝謝各位! Thank you!